Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is it possible to have a new Roku device that is bad?

My devise keeps on losing connection, I have had my internet company come out and check wiring and connection and everything is good. I also bought a brand new router with good strength. I have had the Roku devise and tv right next to the modem and router and still cannot keep a connection. Can I have a bad Roku device? It doesn't pay to have this device if I cant use it to watch anything as it goes in and out over a dozen or more time during a one hour program or movie.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is it possible to have a new Roku device that is bad?

@jersey1985 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What model device are you using?

If you are having network connectivity issues, we would recommend checking out some wireless troubleshooting tips here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

If adjusting your wireless network (changing the wireless broadcast channel, etc. isn't helping), send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device. I'll get you in touch with our support team to see if there's anything else we can do to help.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos