Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkrochelle

Re: Is There something going on with rokus connecting to the internet

I also just bought my roku TV saturday just got it hung last night an cannot connect to wifi. 

0 Kudos

All of my Roku TVs are still connected to WiFi but have terrible picture quality and network check shows all have slow download speed less than 1 Mbps while my laptops and phones all test at 50-80 Mbps.

I rolled back the firmware when it was released as a workaround and Also hardwired one of them and no improvement. Everything points to Roku absolutely being the problem.

0 Kudos
mikehamilton443
Reel Rookie

Last night and today my Roku's,( 3 to be exact) wouldn't work. For about 10 times this month this has happened. I just tried again 5:10 11/30/2021, all 3 TV'S are working now? How long will they work? I used to brag about you Roku, I have a hard time admitting I own a Roku now. Get your stuff together Roku.

Mike

0 Kudos
benn1
Reel Rookie

Must be a burner account for a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
skypilot18
Channel Surfer

@renojlm  I can't find how out to accept your solution, but it took care of the issue.  I just wanted to thank you again.  Note here too, Roku puts a warning up when you disable the feature, something about using more power.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@skypilot18, I tested this so called "power saving" feature on my Ultra (4800) and it appears to save no more than 1.5 Watts.  Maybe over millions of devices that's significant, but for the 15 cents a month it would save me it's not worth the trouble.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Clinrom

I am having the same issue since yesterday. All of my other devices work with my router except Roku. It says signal strength is great, but it will not connect. It’s quite obvious since we wall have the same issue that this is a Roku problem. 

0 Kudos
skypilot18
Channel Surfer

@renojlm   My thoughts also.  How much will actually save the individual?

0 Kudos
Cbrown2

Having the same issue. We have a vacation home arrived yesterday, all was well. Working earlier today, went out to dinner came back and turned on TV, message to reconnect to internet, TV shows our network with signal strength strong, but  won’t connect to the internet despite all the standard troubleshooting processes. Phones and other devices connected to the router signal and have internet connection on those. Just bought three devices for our other house haven’t even unboxed them yet. Our main TV at home is a Roku TV. Will not be happy at all if all 5 devices won’t connect!!!!

0 Kudos

How do you do that with Xfinity router?. 

0 Kudos