Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlmalone
Reel Rookie

Re: Is There something going on with rokus connecting to the internet

This is my issue.  I can connect to phone hot spot but not my home wifi.  I can see the router name in the list which says it is excellent signal strength but when I try to connect it fails  I have a 3900x Roku Express. My router is Xfinity and all my other devices work. This started  since the update. 

0 Kudos
Sheppas81
Reel Rookie

Got a solution from DBDukes.  I had the same issue. Signal strength excellent doesn't matter if your download speed is 1 mbps. I have Xfinity, but heard Cox is having problems, too. No matter your ISP, fix is worth a try. Also, I went for 2 days w/ no Roku connection, but everything else worked.

DBDukes solution:  Comcast has changed many WiFi router settings for 2.4 GHz band to g/n from b/g/n. Check if that was done. If so, you should be able to change it back.  How to do that depends on which router they provided as part of the service.

I phoned XF and they walked me thru it (after I read DBDukes fix to them:) Already have 5 GHz network, so we created another 2.4 GHz network with 802.11 b/g/n and a different name. Then I connected Roku to the new 2.4 GHz network and problem solved.  I have dual band. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Rdaponte69
Reel Rookie

And now I’m getting an Error 020, “HDCP Error Detected”. The good times never stop with Roku!

0 Kudos
Rdaponte69
Reel Rookie

What I’ve learned from my experience and reading all of these threads is that Roku is great if it’s working, but the second you have any kind of problem you’re out of luck. There is 0 customer support and so you are left to fend for yourself and try to figure it out by talking to other customers who are having similar issues.

Luckyday
Reel Rookie

I’m not sure how to post on here but had the same issue! Not sure if it was a tv update or what but after doing everything under sun including buy another tv I reset my Wi-Fi back too factory settings by hitting my reset button on the back of my Wi-Fi. You do this using an end of a paper clip inserted in the little hole and holding it for about 7 seconds depending on your Wi-Fi. After unplugging the power to my modem, Wi-Fi and unplugging anything plugged into it and the rear of my Wi-Fi I plugged my Modem back in waited for all lights to come back on the modem. After that I plugged the power back into the Wi-Fi and plugged it back into the modem just as if you were setting up for the first time. You will have to reset passwords as well on all products.  Please post this so that others can fix this issue before they purchase another tv. I’m just glade I kept mine before I tried this. 

0 Kudos
skypilot18
Channel Surfer

Similar problem since 10.5 update, Ultra 4800.  All of a sudden error message check connection.  First I tried 2 other know good HDMI cables, no help.  Did the unplug the box and my router, no help.  Then for the heck of it I pushed the home button on the Roku remote and it came on to the home page, but the screen resolution had changed. So far I think I've had 5 emails from customer service and nothing has helped.  What I did do was set up my old Roku and it came on worked fine...I can use it as long as I basically start the box first then change screen resolution.  It's OK until the light on the box goes out, then I have to do the home button start...

0 Kudos
Luckyday
Reel Rookie

Yes for some reason a lot of people are having trouble with the tv not connecting to Wi-Fi. Should it happen reset your Wi-Fi to factory reset and start over just as if you just got it out of the box, by pushing the reset button in the back of your Wi-Fi. 

TonyMaiello
Channel Surfer

If only it as that easy…. This solution didn’t work for me

0 Kudos
RikCamp
Channel Surfer

Can't find that feature on Roku Express so far

0 Kudos
Luckyday
Reel Rookie

Look for a little pin hole on the back of it once you locate it press and hold for at least 7 seconds 

0 Kudos