Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bo9877
Level 7

Re: Is Roku4 DLNA compatible with Netgear? Roku 2 and 3 are not

Still have the same problem as before. Updated firmware doesn't fix. This is even using files encoded using Handbrake's Roku presets. Files still play just fine through the media player on the Sony. Clearly this is an issue with Netgear's DLNA server and the Roku Media Player.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jrmsp612
Level 7

Same here. Roku4 sees the files but if I attempt to play, it just stops at "loading...".

Worked just fine when using another mfr router that has been replaced.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tsrwest
Level 7

I am actually having the same issue with my r8000 on both my roku tv and streaming stick. Videos stream fine on all other devices I also tried hard wiring the hard drive to the roku and it works fine, but over dlna the roku media player crashed the entire system. Please help
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tsrwest
Level 7

"RokuDale" wrote:
Are there any Roku RMP users out there having trouble with the Netgear Nighthawk? Please contact me. I might need a sample video file that you are trying to play.
thanks
rokudale

Yes
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tsrwest
Level 7

"jrmsp612" wrote:
Same here. Roku4 sees the files but if I attempt to play, it just stops at "loading...".

Worked just fine when using another mfr router that has been replaced.

I have this issue as well
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tsrwest
Level 7

"RokuDale" wrote:
@OP,
We sorry for the trouble this configuration is causing.
Is the Roku connected via wired or wireless?
If wireless, have you tried wired?
rokudale

I am having the same issue with my roku tv and netgear nighthawk x6. Everything plays fine when my storage is connected directly to the tv, however the rmp will not play the same files over dlna, my roku tv is hardwired to the router and still has problems. Th stream hangs at 25% with no error
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jagreenough
Level 7

Just a comment, but there’s another thread of streaming from a server hanging at 25%.

If it worked before a roku firmware upgrade, then the problem seems clear. Question is it user fixable or a firmware issue. @Rokudale?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuDale
Level 9

Firmware version of the Roku?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rockou
Level 9

I finally solved my issue with the Roku reading files from the USB drive plugged into my Netgear Nighthawk router. It was the PNY 128GB USB jumpdrive I was using. I have been using a different one and have had no problems since.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mjcuadra
Level 7

I have a TCL Roku TV 55S403 and a Netgear R8000 router running DLNA. All other devices including Win 10, mini Mac and IPads can play the files successfully off the wireless network with no problems. The TV however, can see the server, go through the entire file structure on the server; but as soon as I hit play, it hangs on retrieving and eventually goes back to the main menu. There seems to be some issue between Netgear DLNA and Roku Media Player.
0 Kudos