Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ubetcha
Level 7

Is Roku Down?

Been having connectivity issues for the last few hours. Roku Ultra device will not connect to home WiFi or internet hotspot from my phone provider. Seriously frustrating. Anyone else having these issues?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Is Roku Down?

@Ubetcha wrote:

Been having connectivity issues for the last few hours. Roku Ultra device will not connect to home WiFi or internet hotspot from my phone provider. Seriously frustrating. Anyone else having these issues?

Here's what has worked for me for wifi connection issues:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Ubetcha
Level 7

@makaiguy wrote:

@Ubetcha wrote:

Here's what has worked for me for wifi connection issues:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

I have tried everything you suggested and it’s still having the same issue. There’s a roku in my room that is working fine; so it’s the device and not their network obviously. I did a factory reset and the device won’t generate a code. Do you think if I unlink the device from my account it would generate a new code? Any advice is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@Ubetcha wrote:

Do you think if I unlink the device from my account it would generate a new code? Any advice is appreciated. 

Don't know.  Can't hurt to try.

How did you initiate the Factory Reset?  The only time I've needed to do one I did it via the menu option Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

I've read, but have no personal experience, that if you initiate by pushing and holding the reset button on the Roku for less than 30 seconds your Roku may restart but not give you the full factory reset.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos