Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shyvan1400

Internet (not connected to the internet)

My roku is saying not connected to Internet and will not connect to it.... I talked to xfinty and it’s working just fine.(the WiFi) ... so what do I do? 

2 REPLIES 2
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Internet (not connected to the internet)

Which Roku model do you own? What is the model number?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Internet (not connected to the internet)

Hello @Shyvan1400

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos