Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trockya

Re: Internet download Speed is Poor

I have the same issue. It was working fine until yesterday and it has not worked since yesterday. Check connection, reconnect and still getting no internet and 0 mbps download speed although wireless connection rated as excellent.  I unplugged tv and modem and replugged them but still not working. Please any solution?

0 Kudos
JONK1969

Same issue here. I have between 400-500 Mbps from the router sitting directly behind my TCL Roku TV, both WiFi and ethernet. Whether I connect Roku via ethernet or WiFi, I only get between 40-80 Mbps on the roku test.

TV is TCL 65C807, updated with current firmware.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's probably as good as it gets and better than it needs to be.  If you're not having issues then there's no reason to check the speed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sulingman
Channel Surfer

I have had this problem all year.  I called Spectrum many times and it was finally after getting a new phone and not receiving a picture text because I was on wifi not data that they sent a tech over to actually deal with their problem. It took them four hours to run a new line from the pole to my living room. Small Wonder these companies will try to blame anything,  such as a simple Roku device,  to avoid getting into a job like that.

0 Kudos
Op99

This is hilarious.... i tried the hotspot idea, was getting 1 mbps did the hotspot from my phone with just the wifi connected... up to 32 mbps. My plan is 100mbps and has had no problems with other devices. I reset the device and the wireless channel changed from 6 and 11 to 1. Getting 22 mbps now.. definitely not good but better than none...

0 Kudos
jgr2116
Reel Rookie

FYI to anyone still have trouble, this is what worked for me...

Unplugging didn’t work for me so I tried something new. 
went to settings > system > advanced system settings > network connection reset

this completely wipes out all the saved ip addresses and anything else related to internet then the roku device resets. After this I signed into the same internet account and boom, green check marks and I’m good to go! 

0 Kudos
jgr2116
Reel Rookie

Well I thought this worked. Woke up this morning to the same problem occurring. Thinking about investing in an Amazon fire stick this is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
Fern1sss

I had this same exact problem and I just fixed it 5 minutes ago. I don’t know if it’s gonna work for you but I just moved the roku box into a more open area with nothing around it. This is what worked for me and I been having this problem for a while so I hope this works for you too

0 Kudos
ChelaSal

This just happened to me and it was maddening, but I was able to resolve the issue and it turned out to not be the Roku's fault.

It turned out that my router was broadcasting on two different networks, a 5G and 2.4G. The Roku could only connect to the 2.4H network but all of my other devices were registering fast connection speeds on the "-5G" network. I tried connecting to the 2.4G with another device and verified that it was down. I reset my router a few times until the 2.4G network came back online and that resolved the issue with my Roku.

0 Kudos
Breezy1

I’m having the same issue and this is a brand new a Roku Premiere, 2 months old. I have tried everything. 

0 Kudos