Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thatguybunger
Streaming Star

Re: Internet download Speed is Poor

Mine ended up being this weird thing with my WISP.  They did get it fixed, but I don't have any idea what they did.  

0 Kudos
Mannimal
Reel Rookie

I have a MoFi 4500 4GLTE V3 Router (WISP connection), it averages 80 Mbps down, 25 up with 25-30 ms latency. I was experiencing slow connections while the MoFi was performing router functions on my Roku TCL TV and Roku Streaming Stick (3180RW). I suspect this has something to do with MTU settings on the MoFi but I don't know for sure. I set the MoFi to IP passthrough mode and set my Netgear Orbi (RBR750) from AP mode to router mode and the slow connection speed problem cleared, I'm now getting 48 Mbps down on both Roku devices now. 

0 Kudos

need help with my roku

0 Kudos
RobinS
Binge Watcher

Checked internet download speed and said 51 but Roku says <1.  All my other stuff connects fine so has to be roku.  Just bought this 2 days ago.  Guess I take it back to store.  So tired of wasting money with no fixes.  I see everyone has this issue.  Are you going to fix it for us or ignore us?  Sigh.  Back to store.  Think I will try a fire stick has to work better than this.  It worked yesterday and today doesn't work.  I have read through all the replies of this issue.  Its like you don't care as a company.  Please help us.  Update the system please and fix this bug.

Mannimal
Reel Rookie

Hi everyone, I have an update but no fix yet. I thought setting up passthrough mode worked but it doesn't. My speeds remain constant when checking with speedtest.net, when I check speeds with fast.com, they are really slow (1 to 2 Mps). After a reboot of my modem, the speeds seem to be consistant between speed test.net and fast.com (90Mps) but after a few hours fast.com drops dramatically although speedtest.net shows no drop. Fast.com is what Roku and Netflix use to test speeds. I don't know why a reboot solves the fast.com issue and what is causing it to slowdown after a few hours. If anyone has an idea, it would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Mdice
Channel Surfer

A few days prior to this post, I along with a multitude of others, have good internet speed but for the roku, which has been around 2-3 mbps. Used to be around 25mbps. I don't have ultra speed internet from xfinity but what I have was always sufficient to watch you tube tv.

***Here's the fix. Get an amazon firestick. Roku is garbage and you can see from the multitude of complaints that the incompetent assholes at Roku aren't going to bother with fixing the problem. I'm much happier with the firestick and I'll be deactivating my roku, never to return. They are an absolute disgrace and I would recommend that NO ONE purchases their garbage.

RobinS
Binge Watcher

Thats what I did.  Fire stick much better.  Took the roku back and got my money back.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We also offer a helpful FAQ article that walks through the most common troubleshooting steps to improve your wireless connection. Get started here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support
Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RobinS
Binge Watcher

It is obvious you didn't read any of the comments on this.  I had the device and took it back and got a firestick.  It would play for about an hour then the speed would stop to less than 1.  I did speed checks and had internet on everything but the device.  Have restarted the device and there was no need to restart the router because it works fine.  I had the device for 1 week before taking it back.  I have older devices and they work for now.  I spent a long time trying to read through so much of this stuff to find solutions to the problem but there is none.  It is something with the update you last did and it not only messes with the older devices it also messes with the newer ones.  I used to really like roku but not anymore.  you guys don't care about fixing the issues in the updates as it has been over 2 months now with this issue and you said to roll back to the previous update on the older models but if you buy a new one, well you are just stuck. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

RobinS, no one here is going to fault you for buying a Fire Stick if that is what you want to do if you can't fix your problem or you don't want a professional in your home to take a look. 

0 Kudos