Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Internet connectivity bug in 9.3 update?

Same issue. Any update??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same exact issue, have you found a solution??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I've been in this thread for 4-6 weeks. Still no resolution. Roku reps give the same standard info about sending them specific details of our system, then never respond once it's sent. Terrible, terrible customer service.

Highlighted
Level 7

I too lost connection on July 27th.  July 26th i had 38mb download speed on the Roku. Same on 2 different TV's with 2 different Roku's.  Suddenly, it dropped to 0mb.  I tried  changing the channels on my centurylink modem software to no avail.  I even got centurylink to send me a new modem. c3000z model.  Again it all worked great untill July 27th.  Centurylink has no idea why.   I LOVED my Roku and bragged to everyone how great it is.   Then this happens.   Is it the ROKU?  Did it monkey with my modem somehow with this update?  I do have the Software version 9.3.0 Build 4172

there is no other update available.  

If it is Roku is there something i can check in my modem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So mine got fixed by unplugging it completely for a few minutes and then plugging it back in and turning on.  That simple.  Weird huh?

Highlighted
Level 7

One of my Roku boxes is also not connecting since the 9.3 update. I went through all the steps of unplugging, resetting network, etc. It worked once after leaving unplugged for a few hours, but after a few minutes it stopped. I can sometimes half connect, meaning it will say it’s connected, but you can’t actually connect to any of the channels. I can connect with my mobile hotspot, which isn’t WiFi. My other Roku boxes still work fine. There seems to be a trend here with the update. And I made sure that it is fully updated, hoping there’d be a fix by now, but it’s still stuck in limbo. It’s frustrating when you only use that to watch the news or regular entertainment. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Questioning my choice to buy Roku; thankfully got a backup Chromecast.

My Roku internet connectivity seems to be speed dependent; anything above 11Mbps the Roku has no problems, below 10Mbps the Roku won't detect internet even though it's connected to wifi.

This is weird, because at my previous residence I only had 3Mbps max internet and the Roku with OS 8 had no problems streaming anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Bugs in 9.3 update

Having the same issue. Purchased the device 2 months ago, have had it setup to the same connection. Same distance from the router. It worked fine until the last update & is now suddenly completely unusable, will not connect. I have several other devices connected to the same wifi in the same room, that have no issues, but suddenly the Roku can't connect. Kind of just wanted to spend due evening watching TV instead of troubleshooting some random b.s. but oh well. I have tried everything, all the way down to a factory reset. currently shopping for a more reliable replacement, that isn't rendered unusable by random firmware updated. Would live to reach out to customer service, but that doesn't seem to exist. Just about fed up with Roku right now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I've noticed this too Netflix works a little bit, poor quality, but it at least plays! ESPN, Hulu. Everything else just lags & times out. Even if I set up the connection & get it to show up good, it's almost like signing into hulu makes the connection drop again. I was totally fine with my Roku for 2 months & now I can't wait to get rid of it. Amazing update gang, great job! You guys are selling so many apple TV's with this one!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Suddenly lost WiFi connection on Roku Express and have tried most of the trouble shooting options listed on support page for two days. Eventually, did a factory reset and Roku still can’t find my WiFi connection. Tried information on router and changed HDMI ports— nope, didn’t work. Now, Roku stuck on “find WiFi connection” menu and can’t get to settings to share information needed. Internet works on other devices, Roku account remains active. What’s the next option?

0 Kudos