Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Bugs in 9.3 update

I am having the same issue. I turn on my TV (TCL Roku) and home screen says 'Not connected'. Though wifi on every other device works fine. I have to go into settings each time to reconnect to the network. Sometimes, after a delay, it connects, but this delay is annoying. I just want to turn on my TV and start watching

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Internet connectivity bug in 9.3 update?

I was thinking if the issue with connecting is Roku's software bug, I'll never be able to connect with my 2 devices. I can't connect to get updated fix! My Roku is 2nd generation & there is no ethernet connection. Not sure I want to buy another one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I just bought the Express + and today it fails to recognize my wifi network so I cannot stream anything. Has anyone gotten any response from them? I'm thinking about the service charges I have to pay for Netflix, Hulu, Showtime & HBO while I can't watch anything. 

Highlighted
Level 8

MelB1 said "Has anyone gotten any response from them?" This is the most frustrating thing. A rep named Daniel keeps telling people to send him pertinent info about their problem. I've sent him 3 messages and have yet to receive any response. My next step is to file a case with the Better Business Bureau. I encourage all of you to do the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The BBB won't be any help. Only help would be to file class action court case. Of course that will take years & lots of money.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue - no internet connection for the living room tv but other devices - phone and laptop work just fine in this room.  The bedroom tv works too and its even further away from the router.

I thought it was the roku stick and purchased a new one only to have the same issue.  Both tvs have the 9.3.0 roku update.

HELP!

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here. Connected to 5 GHz without issue before the 9.3 update. After the update it will no longer connect and I have to use 2.4 (yuck).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It may not be a problem with the 9.3 update but rather a Roku server or communication with the server problem.

I have an Express updated to 9.3 and an Express plus still on 9.2 (or 9.0 maybe). Both connect to wifi but no internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same issue, did you ever find a resolution??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Plugged in my Roku and it just started working again without me doing anything. Only thing different is my internet is faster now, 11Mbps now vs 6Mbps when my Roku wouldn’t connect. Maybe Roku has trouble communicating with slower speeds. 

0 Kudos