Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Bugs in 9.3 update

I came here to post that my Roku Premiere stopped finding my network sometime last week.  After seeing this thread, I'm assuming it must have installed this update and that's when the issue started.  Looks like there's no hope to be had?

My details: last week it started raining a lot early in the week (May 18-19), and about that time our streaming got less reliable.  First, I assumed our internet was just being affected by the weather (this had happened before, but with our previous service plan, we had not had this issue with our current plan/router - both DSL).

After the weather dried out, we still had problems with multiple apps streaming (Hulu, Disney+, MotorTrend were all unusable.  YouTube and Netfix were hit & miss).  So I decided to reset the router.  Did not help.  Last weekend I decided to reset Roku.  No help.  I reset both at the same time (and multiple other things listed by Roku).  No help. I cleared the Wifi info from the Roku to reset that. Since then, it does recognize WiFi at all.  Not automatically or if I type in the info.

Every other device in the house works fine with the WiFi. 2 Phones, 2 iPads, a Desktop, 2 laptops, our Bluray player, video game consoles....all fine. The only device closer to the router is the desktop. So location shouldn't be an issue. Nor was it ever an issue before.

Unfortunately, Hulu is no longer available on my Bluray player, neither is Disney+ or Motor Trend (or I'd just use it for everything).  So I have 3 services I'm paying for that won't work on the device I bought to watch them.  Yay Roku.

Guess I'll cancel those subscriptions until I decide what new device to use.  I don't feel like buying another Roku if it's going to be useless within a year of purchase.

OK, rant over. 

Highlighted

Well, the update isn't my issue.  When I got home, I checked, and I'm still on 9.2 - I did another rescan and the wifi did finally show up again.  But with only the bottom dot of the wifi signal strength indicator.  The router is all of maybe 12 feet away.  No real solid walls in between.  In fact, I moved it probably half the distance it used to be (it's at the closest phone jack now).

Again, no other device sees such a weak signal.  I'm guessing the Roku antenna or whatever is just dying or something?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

The 9.3-4166 firmware fixed my wired issue, hope it all address the wireless problems

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I recently fixed an issue with my Ultra by moving it to where I could connect it directly (hardwire) to my router and turning it on for a few minutes. When I moved it back to its former  wireless location, the issue I was having (channels wouldn't load) was cleared. I don't know exactly what it did, but you might want to give it a try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

9.3-4166 did not resolve my ultra's 5GHz issues, nor did 9.3.0 build 4170-46. It only took a few months last time they did this to us with their last major update. That's why I'm starting to look at other streaming device. Since they can't even get full connectivity with their top of the line product (even though that's the business they're in) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Internet connectivity bug in 9.3 update?

I have noticed the same bug in 5Ghz network.  I'm using a Roku TCL 55P607 that has connected to my 5Ghz band flawlessly for almost 3 years.  Since the 9.3 update, it won't utilize 40Mhz or 80Mhz bands, and simply defaults to 20Mhz connection and speeds.

Don't get me wrong, it STILL connects to my 5Ghz network, it just won't use any channel width wider than 20Hz (144Mbps max).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So triggered. My new TCL Q825 is experiencing the same issue everyone else is complaining about. Strong signal - AP is in ceiling 6’ from TV - signal is great but internet is not connected. For some reason it won’t pick up an IP address. This all worked great until the update 2 days ago. I have another TCL R625 that is still working for now. We are going to need a firmware update on a flash drive to get over this one. Who should I speak with?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Good luck finding someone to speak with, BabyCarlos! I first posted here a month ago and have sent personal information to a Roku techie named Daniel and received zilch response. 

Maybe we all need to bomb this thread with posts and see if they get the message?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Daniel, why do you just keep posting the same standard post? I sent you the info you asked for several weeks ago, then sent you a reminder, and have heard NOTHING. I hope you're looking for another job with a company that knows what customer service actually means.

0 Kudos
Level 8

I'm having the same issue with a 2 week old Express+.  Everything was fine until the update was loaded.  Now I can no longer connect to the wireless.  

0 Kudos