Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Bugs in 9.3 update

I know that others are experiencing the same, to wit, stuck in a loop that goes round and round asking for preferred language, then choosing a network, then set up a wireless connection, then no internet connection, then back to....over and over, SO, I can not re-set and try the "fix" that worked for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It’s just totally baffling that they won’t just say “Ok, yes, the 9.3 update is bad, we’re sorry, and it’s going to take a bit to engineer a fix.” I mean jeez, it wouldn’t be perfect but at least they wouldn’t come across as lying a-holes.

Highlighted
Level 8

My first went back to losing connection. I think im going shopping for an apple and Amazon solution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Internet connectivity bug in 9.3 update?

Danny,

Like everyone else, I was greatly dismayed when -- for the first time EVE, my Roku device started buffering mid-program.

This should not be happening -- if for no other reason than -- one of the main reasons I upgraded to an Ultra is because it can connect to the internet using an Ethernet cable. 

Which is exactly how mine is setup -- it is HARDWIRED into the inernet.

So, statistics:

Roku Ultra

9.3.0 - build 4150-46

Device ID - CK3836386828

Serial # - YJ0066386828

[personal information removed]

I believe that's everything you requested.

Please FIX THIS!

Rej Leatherman

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have 4 roku devices that can't see my wifi, my roku TV works fine and so does my computer phone iPad, just not the roku devices. What do I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue....been trying to connect for 2 days at the office and nothing.  Unplugged tv and router and reset tv to factory.  Same issue.  Phone and computer connect to internet fine....not tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- If you have a Roku Express or Premiere, please be aware that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the following information:
-your Roku account email address
-serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About
-current OS of your device also found in Settings>System>About
-what troubleshooting steps you have tried

Once I have that information, I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Seriously Danny ??? Nothing from Roku about how this update might have introduced a problem ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Internet connectivity bug in 9.3 update?

I'm done checking this and that!!! And I think I'm done with Roku devices!!! Just own the problem and fix it!! Roku is not the only product in the streaming world !!! So done with this B.S

0 Kudos
Level 8

Interesting ... I sent you all the requested information more than a week ago and have heard ...... nothing from you. Gee thanks.

0 Kudos