Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Internet connectivity bug in 9.3 update?

Yees! Suddenly, all 3 of my Roku's started showing "No Signal" on 3 different TVs. I have tried switching HDMI cables and everything else advised, but because this is happening on 3 TVs with 3 devices I think the problem is with internet connection. However, I can't even get to the Roku home page to check the settings for this. What gives??

Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue, we have 5 roku devices in our home and all connect to wifi excellent and poor or no internet connection. all other devices in my home work perfectly. I have had the roku devices for years and have always worked well previously. I have reset network at roku level and router level  and done other basic fix attempts but no luck. Roku, please provide assistance.

Highlighted
Level 10

I've had several Rokus over the past 11 years and can say that Roku has a well established history of releasing bugs into their software updates and then taking months to admit to their error and fix them. That said, I have replaced my Roku with Amazon Fires and Apple TVs and always come back to Roku. IMO, Roku is still the best platform. It is unfortunate that they don't have better QC over their updates and quicker responsiveness to support issues and fixing things. Twice, the only fix for me was to buy a new Roku.

Level 7

Re: Bugs in 9.3 update

I am having trouble with internet connection to device after update. I have tried all the recommendations for troubleshooting and setup per the online assistance. Please help.

Highlighted
Level 7

Maybe that is why they don't HAVE better QC or a faster response, gets you to buy new Roku.

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm also having the same issue with a few of my Roku not connecting to WIFI. Not able to see any wifi networks. I've reset network back to factory. I even set the roku back to factory. This latest update has really screwed things up.

Highlighted
Level 8

Me too. Two units stopped working and give the wifi-good, internet-bad report. But I tried something. I moved the 2 ghz wifi from channel 11 to 6. They started working. But before I changed it everything in the house worked fine. Just the Roku units had problems. And there is a Sony DVD player with streaming in it a few inches from the Roku, it works fine. Two laptops there work fine. Just Roku, which WAS working fine until an update. 

GeorgeC

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information.

-What Roku model are you experiencing this issue with? If you are using a Roku Express or Premiere, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
-Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
-What OS are you currently running? This can be found in Settings > System > About.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me the information from above along with your Roku account email address and your device serial number, and the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue only Netflix works all the other streaming channels say network error. I’ve searched where to actually speak to someone and can not find anywhere. I’m ordering a fire stick today I’m over roku! 

Highlighted
Level 8

For me both are Roku Express. I did change wifi channel and that seemed to fix it. But bottom line: why is this an issue when every other wifi device in that location work just fine? [personal information removed] s/n YG007K541658