Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Internet Download Speed Poor

Just set up my new Roku Streaming Stick+ yesterday and it’s already having network issues. It started buffering a lot a couple hours ago so I checked the network settings and it gave a check for Wireless Connection and an X for Internet Connection. It says the Internet Download Speed is poor. I’m not having any network issues on other home devices so I became worried that I downloaded a bug while trying to download a new screensaver and did a factory reset. Now it won’t even finish loading all of the initial apps. Even the website is running a bit slow on my phone and laptop while other sites are loading fine. Is Roku experiencing issues or is this just me?

My device serial number is YH00H6552860

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Internet Download Speed Poor

I have 5 Roku devices in my home and I am having the exact same issue as of last night. It is on the Roku side as all other devices in my home are working well. I tried all basic fix options and no luck. Roku, please help.

Highlighted

Glad to know it's not just me. I enjoyed this Roku for an entire day with no issues and was loving it but am disappointed I'm already having issues. I'm close to just returning it and buying another one at Best Buy to be 100% sure.

I've seen a lot of people tagging @RokuTannerD so I figured I'd reach out and see what you have to say!

Level 7

Is Roku working on this? I first noticed it on 5/13/20. All my Roku devices have the same problem.

Roku??????

Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing here. I’ve been such a fan and now nothing works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've had my Streaming Stick + (headphone edition from Best Buy) for about a month now after my roku premiere I bought in January stopped working altogether. All devices on my wifi network are just fine except for the Roku. And yes, I have tried every living solution out there.

0 Kudos