Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
secraig61

Internet Connection not appearing

My family and I have recently as in the last week bought a roku express. We wanted to use roku to get Hulu + Live TV and stream Netflix and Disney+ our roku has been working fine up until yesterday. Yesterday it started not connecting to the internet and being extremely laggy. We are unsure what to do, our internet is connected to all of our phones and laptops but won’t connect to roku. Please help, thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Internet Connection not appearing

@secraig61 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number on your Roku and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
malaika25

facing same problem.

@secraig61 wrote:

My family and I have recently as in the last week bought a roku express. We wanted to use roku to get Hulu + Live TV and stream Netflix and Disney+ our roku has been working fine up until yesterday. Yesterday it started not connecting to the internet and being extremely laggy. We are unsure what to do, our internet is connected to all of our phones and laptops but won’t connect to roku. Please help, thanks!

0 Kudos
malaika25

thanks .

0 Kudos