Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
askvik
Level 7

Internet Connection Problems

I have a series of issues with my Roku Express. It was working fine over the past year, and then over the course of the past few weeks or so, it has had difficulties 1) connecting to the internet. It connects to the wireless just fine. It usually takes several attempts before Roku says the internet connection was successful. I have tried unplugging and restarting both my router and Roku. 2) Even when Roku says both wireless and internet connections are fine, I can't log into Hulu, Amazon Prime, CBS All Access or HBO. Sometimes I get part way into these streaming services before I get an error code saying it can not connect, or it just loads forever. Shows freeze continually. However, Netflix works just fine. 3) When I can log into CBS, Hulu, or Amazon Prime, I can't pause the show, or even go back to the menu. Roku freezes me from doing anything. I need to restart the device. I have checked the batteries, and even when I press a button on the Roku remote, it beeps, but nothing happens. 4) When I go in to check the internet/wireless connection, I get both green checkmarks, Roku says it was successful, but then the status in the About section says "not connected". Before, I could always tell if I had an internet connection problem by seeing if the time came on the menu page. Now that is no longer reliable. Sometimes the time is there, but I can't get into anything. The signal strength always says "excellent" and I don't have any issues with logging onto the internet through my desktop computer, or phone. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
shawn4
Level 7

Re: Internet Connection Problems

activate tv

0 Kudos
sydellis
Level 7

Re: Internet Connection Problems

How did you fix this issue I have the same problem 

0 Kudos