Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KateLikesMovies
Level 7

IP address with device ID

Is it possible to retrieve my IP address with only the device ID and a lost remote? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IP address with device ID

I'm guessing you're trying to use some app in place of your lost remote to get your Roku connected to your Wi-Fi, right?  If so, it can't be done.  Your Roku doesn't have an IP address until it's connected and you must have a physical remote to get it connected.  What's the model number of the Roku?  It should be written on it somewhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Re: IP address with device ID

@KateLikesMovies wrote:

Is it possible to retrieve my IP address with only the device ID and a lost remote? 

Probably not. When you connect a device to your wireless network, it assigns that device it's own unique IP address.  So there's no way to retrieve your IP address with just your device. Roku remotes don't have their own IP address as it is not a wireless device. 

0 Kudos