Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

IP address to link phone

Jump to solution

How do I get my roku device complete IP address to link my phone to my roku since I lost my remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: IP address

Jump to solution

What device?  I'm guessing it's not already connected to your network or the app would be able to find it.  If it's a WiFi only Roku, your Roku MUST connect to your WiFi before you can use your phone.  If it supports a wired connection (only the Ultra), then the app should be able to find it.  If it doesn't support a wired connection and it's not connected, the only way to get it to connect is to use a Roku remote or a universal remote that supports Roku.  If it's a stick, the ONLY way to get it to connect to your WiFi is using a Roku remote.  No universal remotes will work with a stick.

-JT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

What device?  I'm guessing it's not already connected to your network or the app would be able to find it.  If it's a WiFi only Roku, your Roku MUST connect to your WiFi before you can use your phone.  If it supports a wired connection (only the Ultra), then the app should be able to find it.  If it doesn't support a wired connection and it's not connected, the only way to get it to connect is to use a Roku remote or a universal remote that supports Roku.  If it's a stick, the ONLY way to get it to connect to your WiFi is using a Roku remote.  No universal remotes will work with a stick.

-JT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have roku streaming stick and I need my ip address took link it to my wifi and phone for a remote. I lost my remote and get get my ip address  or control my roku to hook it to wifi. Please any help with finding my ip address 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ip address

Jump to solution

I lost my roku remote and i just downloaded the app but now the app wont let me use the remote unless i have the ip address but i cant get the ip address with out the remote, how can i get the ip address for mt roku box without being able to use the remote to find it in the settings???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Loss my remote.need ip address

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Ip address

Jump to solution

@kmaisonneuve99 

This gets asked again and again and again.  You're Roku doesn't have an IP address until it's connected to your network.  There is no way to get it connected to your network, if it's not already, without a physical remote.  If it is already connected, I would think the app would be able to find it.  I would only use the official Roku remote app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Can't be done.  Your Roku doesn't have an IP address until it's connected to your network.  There is no way to get it connected to your network without a physical remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I need the IP address. My phone had an app to use as a remote. working fine an hour ago NOW remote states to wake up device must turn on TV (it is). Added a different ROKU app remote. Still giving me the same message

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Your TV must no longer be connected to your network.  Try resetting everything - your modem/router and TV.  Unplug the power of each for a few seconds and plug them back in.

0 Kudos