Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

IP address changes from 192 to 172 periodically

Jump to solution

I have my ROKU Ultra connected on a wired connection, it works great for the most part but every now and then it stops working and when i check the wired connection status it changes from my usual 192.168.*.* IP address to 172.*.*.* IP address! My ROKU is connected to a switch and that switch gets it's signal from my router via ethernet and in order to resolve the situation i have to restart my modem, router and unplug and re-plug back in the switch. So 2 questions: First, has anyone dealt with this before?  How can i make a static IP address for my roku? I've read forums saying i have to factory reset it in order to make that happen, i would really like to avoid that.  Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: IP address changes from 192 to 172 periodically

Jump to solution

@rgonzales23  Thanks for the note here. Your IP address is issued to your Roku device by your networking equipment. For more help configuring your router, switches, etc. we'd recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of those devices or your ISP for more assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: IP address changes from 192 to 172 periodically

Jump to solution

@rgonzales23  Thanks for the note here. Your IP address is issued to your Roku device by your networking equipment. For more help configuring your router, switches, etc. we'd recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of those devices or your ISP for more assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos