Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I only have 1 Roku device in my house but the app is saying there are 2

I've downloaded the Roku app on my phone to use it for the remote option... When I go to my list of devices that I can use once on the wifi and it is telling me that are 2 available options... I am also signed in onto the app but I don't know what this other device is. Does this mean that they not only have access to my Roku account but to my WIFI account? It says the device is in my bed room and I am currently set up with this other tv and listening to it through my phone.... But the other tv is off and not plugged in our room and is also not a Roku tv...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: I only have 1 Roku device in my house but the app is saying there are 2

The only way I can think of for this to occur is if you have a neighbor close enough to tie into your wifi and who has used your net to connect up his own Roku unit.

If you don't have a password required for your router you should log into your router control program and set one - if you do have one, change it.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: I only have 1 Roku device in my house but the app is saying there are 2

Need to know exactly what you are seeing.

Can you post a screenshot?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos