Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilcalint
Level 7

I'm getting tired of network disconnects and buffering

I don't want to hear about my IP or my internet supplier or whatever your ability to support users without buffering is starting to become intolerable. The most recent experience I am having is after 4pm and before 8pm in the evening. All the other times of the day I'm fine. Other people are having the same problems or experiencing them in a different ways.

Congratulations on growing. Deal with the technical issues that come with that.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonx1337
Level 7

Re: I'm getting tired of network disconnects and buffering

What's your internet subscription plan? Have you done testing to determine its not your modem/router?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 16

Re: I'm getting tired of network disconnects and buffering

"wilcalint" wrote:
I don't want to hear about my IP or my internet supplier or whatever your ability to support users without buffering is starting to become intolerable. The most recent experience I am having is after 4pm and before 8pm in the evening. All the other times of the day I'm fine. Other people are having the same problems or experiencing them in a different ways.

Congratulations on growing. Deal with the technical issues that come with that.

Just because you don't want to hear it, doesn't mean that isn't the issue. I never have issues with any of my Roku players, and they are used throughout the day. We access Amazon, YouTube, and Netflix, plus my local media server. Normal times to load and begin playback is usually just a few seconds, and I never encounter any buffering. The fact you are only seeing it at certain times of the day is actually pointing directly at your ISP, as they aren't able to handle the evening load on their network. Is it a cable company? If so, please note that you share a connection with your neighbors. You do not have a direct connection to your ISP's network, and an overloaded connection does exactly what you describe. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.