Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
I started having the same problem with both of my Roku Express. It finally connected back the other day after not connecting for two days. Was working for two more days but now it’s back to not connecting. I’ve tried EVERYTHING. It’s not my connection because all my other electronics work. I’m getting super frustrated because I just got this second Roku in August. I didn’t wanna have to buy a whole new one again if I can’t get this to work.
If you also have Xfinity, can you provide the details of what your current router settings are?
Additional things you could try are...
1. lowering the 2.4 ghz bandwidth/channel width to 20mhz
2. manually assigning the 2.4ghz channel to a number between 1 and 11 (initially try channels 1, 6, or 11) as opposed to using "Auto" under Channel.
3. verify that your mode is set to b/g/n rather than g/n.
4. try changing the network password to a simpler one avoiding special characters (#,@,&, etc)
5. From within Roku, navigate to Settings..System..Advanced System Settings...Network Connection Reset..Reset Connection). This will restart Roku and then you will have to login to network again.
6. From within the Xfinity app, navigate to "Connected Devices" and select "Forget this device" (your Express). This will allow router to establish new connection with your Express.
7. Restart both your router and your Roku.
Try and see if any of the above works for you and post back what worked if resolved or if you are still having issues. Normally just restarting both your router and the Roku will resolve most issues, but if continued issues then likely need to tweak some settings as mentioned above to minimize the disconnections or re-establish wireless connection.
Roku Community Streaming Expert Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee. Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941