Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackdashack
Roku Guru

I have 2 3930X and while all other non-Roku devices connect these 2 will not?

Jump to solution

I have an older 3930X Roku Express. For some reason it will now, after a couple years of connecting, will not connect up. Earlier Xfinity ran test on my router. Whether this is relevant I do not know but they cleared it up, stopped all or anything blocking and pronuounced it good. I had been having issues with the Xfinity Router rebooting at will several times a day. So I'll watch that, it's only been a couple of hours. But all other devices, now, older LG phone and new Galaxy s8+, a Chromebook and 2 windows 10 pcs all are fine on wireless and ethernet. So this older 3930X will not connect to a the good signal. So I have a brand new 3930X I bought because Prime requires this model or newer. But it's new in the package. I took it and plugged it up and same thing. Will not connect to the good signal here in the house. Of course no one is gonna talk and help me through this. Does anyone here have any experience with this issue? I would be very appreciative. 

Regards, jack ":-\\

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have 2 3930X and while all other non-Roku devices connect these 2 will not?

Jump to solution

@jackdashack 

If you are receiving error code 14.30 or 14.40 error code and have a cable ISP gateway (Xfinity/Comcast, Cox, or AT&T) gateway), recent firmware updates to these routers over the past months have caused connection and streaming issues with Roku 2.4ghz-only devices. (Roku Express 3930/3931/LE and Roku Premiere 3920/3921).

------

Edit your 2.4 ghz settings and change your Wireless Mode from g/n to b/g/n.

Restart both your Roku device and Router after making the above change.

------

Instructions for Changing the Router/Gateway Settings….

Xfinity / Comcast → ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi ) with a walkthrough ( https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AvsGunnar

Re: I have 2 3930X and while all other non-Roku devices connect these 2 will not?

Jump to solution

@jackdashack 

If you are receiving error code 14.30 or 14.40 error code and have a cable ISP gateway (Xfinity/Comcast, Cox, or AT&T) gateway), recent firmware updates to these routers over the past months have caused connection and streaming issues with Roku 2.4ghz-only devices. (Roku Express 3930/3931/LE and Roku Premiere 3920/3921).

------

Edit your 2.4 ghz settings and change your Wireless Mode from g/n to b/g/n.

Restart both your Roku device and Router after making the above change.

------

Instructions for Changing the Router/Gateway Settings….

Xfinity / Comcast → ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi ) with a walkthrough ( https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

renojim

Jump to solution

There's a known issue with Xfinity routers and Roku.  Ensure the wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@jackdashack 

The Roku Express model 3930 is a 2.4 GHz only device. It won't connect on the 5 GHz band.

Additionally, many report that the 2.4 GHz band must be set for 802.11 b/g/n for Roku to properly connect. And many ISPs, including Xfinity, has changed settings to g/n from an earlier b/g/n settings.

If Comcast/Xfinity has done that, your Roku Express may not connect. Check your settings, if you can. If not, request they change the setting to b/g/n.

Here is one of the earlier posts where similar thing happened.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

jackdashack
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I doubt I can select 2 or 3 as solutions but yours was spot on. I just chose the first one that came in. Thanks so much. I will folllow the advices that are give. Many thanks!  jack ":-Dx

0 Kudos
jackdashack
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I doubt I can select 3 as solutions but yours was also was spot on. I simply chose the first one that came in. Thanks so much. I will folllow the advices that are give. Many thanks!  jack ":-Dx

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@jackdashack wrote:

I doubt I can select 3 as solutions ...

The important thing is that you found the answer. It's not as important who get "credit" for it. I mean, we're not trying to collect points to win a Buick. Just glad you found an answer.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

All about the teamwork and hopefully fixing some issues along the way.

TVRox

Jump to solution

My 3930X stopped connecting through the EERO router. Worked fine until

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TVRox

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator