Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheYellowB
Level 8

I can't get local channels on my Roku

Originally my Roku was connected to Spectrum and I was able to get 100+ free local channels like ABC, NBC, FOX, Discovery, HGTV, etc.  I moved 700 miles and am now trying to get the local channels from Xfinity.  I am connected to my secure Wi-Fi and I can see all the icons for Netflix, Sling, etc., but there is nothing for Xfinity.  I added the only Xfinity channel that came up when I searched, which was Xfinity Beta, but it wasn't the local channels.  Can anyone assist getting me the local Xfinity channels?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
andyross
Level 16

Re: I can't get local channels on my Roku

The Xfinity Beta should turn your Roku into a sort-of X1 cable box. You should have access to all the same channels you would have with a regular cable box. If you do not have a video subscription with Comcast, then you will not have any video access to most networks, including their stand-alone apps.

0 Kudos
TheYellowB
Level 8

Re: I can't get local channels on my Roku

Thank you.  I have had Internet and Television services with Comcast for years and I'm paying the bill for it.  I will try to get it up and running later today.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I'm not a big television watcher but I do want to get my local news/weather channels and several of the other channels like HGTV, Discovery, Food Network, etc.  I don't sit still long enough to watch any of the movie channels like Netflix. 

0 Kudos