Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeMcChesney
Level 7

I Moved, Got a new router, and remote won't work, won't pair

I moved and purchased a new router.  I have a 2019 Roku Streaming Stick that worked fine at my old place, but the remote won't work since I moved.  I have tried repairing the remote.  I have tried removing the remote batteries, doing a hard reset of the streaming stick and after the Roku home screen loaded reinstalling (fresh) batteries in the remote. But even though the LED light flashed it would not pair with the Roku.  Obviously, since I have a new router, my Roku phone app can't help.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Amymathes101
Level 7

Re: I Moved, Got a new router, and remote won't work, won't pair

Have you had any luck getting things to work?  Sorry I can’t help, but we brought our rocks on a trip and plugged it into the tv at the hotel, but I forgot our remote and same thing, my phone app won’t connect.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

It wont work without the remote.

The original poster probably read further and fixed it.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
MikeMcChesney
Level 7

Actually I checked and it was still under warranty so I returned it am awaiting a replacement.  There is definitely a problem with the Stick because I was able to pair its remote with a different Roku.  It's funny, I was in the same UPS Store twice in one week returning things.  First, the Roku Stick that cost me about $15 to ship to Roku.  Second time I had a hard drive that was defective out of the box I was returning to Amazon.  Amazon tells me don't worry about packing it, just bring it to a UPS Store and have them scan this QR code.  I have more positive feelings about one of these companies.

boogernose
Level 18

there you are.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos