Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

How to fix connection error

So it's no secret roku isn't going out of their way to fix this problem, my advice is do what I did for a replacement. I filed a complaint as if I had a roku tv since they offer support for such items and expressed my grievances there, while they talked to me like a dumbass for a little while trying to troubleshoot my problem despite me explaining what they did over and over, followed by telling multiple customer service reps to just look at their community message boards rather than act like i don't know to turn the device off and back on before messaging them. So eventually I sent screenshots of all the claims and informed them I'd be addressing the BBB if my problem was not solved by the end of the day, to which they replied with a free replacement 

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How to fix connection error

When I tried to call Support a few weeks ago with this same problem, I just got a recorded message saying that there were no humans in Support due to Covid. How long ago did you call?

Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Roku 1 (Model 2710X) that quit working almost a week ago.  All I get is the "Roku" name/logo that keeps reloading over and over, w/ an occasional black screen which flashes white before it goes back to the flipping name/logo.  

Steps I have taken:
1)  Called my ISP and they confirmed I have plenty of speed and that they don't restrict use of any devices on their system
2)  Installed new batteries in remote
3)  Unplugged modem for 2 minutes
4)  Unplugged Roku for 2 minutes
5)  Plugged modem back in
6)  Plugged Roku back in
7)  Pushed the Roku reset button
8)  Checked my pmt method in my account to make sure my credit card had current info, but it's set up through my Paypal account which is current
9)  "Unlinked" my device (through my account) thinking I could "Relink" but it wants the Link Code from the TV screen but there isn't one, just the flipping logo

I just email Roku at accessibility@roku.com about 10 minutes ago,,,,guess I'll see what/if I get anything back from them.  
Highlighted
Level 7

I've done all of the above and still not connecting to my internet.  This is crazy but glad to hear it's not just me.  I will contact customer service as well.

Highlighted
Level 7

I fwd’d my email to them 3 more times and I finally have a response that they rec’d my email, assigned a ticket # to it, and will be contacting me!  Now wait again. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem, and did the same things,and still can't get it resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'M HAVING THE SAME ISSUE FIRST THE SOUND GOES OUT,

@L1ghtbr1nger wrote:

So it's no secret roku isn't going out of their way to fix this problem, my advice is do what I did for a replacement. I filed a complaint as if I had a roku tv since they offer support for such items and expressed my grievances there, while they talked to me like a dumbass for a little while trying to troubleshoot my problem despite me explaining what they did over and over, followed by telling multiple customer service reps to just look at their community message boards rather than act like i don't know to turn the device off and back on before messaging them. So eventually I sent screenshots of all the claims and informed them I'd be addressing the BBB if my problem was not solved by the end of the day, to which they replied with a free replacement 

NOW WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTION PROBLEMS

0 Kudos