Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gordo13
Reel Rookie

How to fix Spectrum TV App buffering

When I stream the Spectrum TV app on my Roku device I get a lot of buffering.  Sometimes it will buffer for 3 to 10 seconds and happen 3 times in the matter of a minute and happen more than 25 times a day (and I don't lose internet connection when the buffering happens). 

It doesn't matter which Roku device (two Roku Express + devices) which are at least a few years old.  I downloaded the Spectrum TV app to the TV itself (a Samsung) and no more buffering issue.  The buffering issue wasn't a problem until recently and it boggles the mind was to why.  It just seems like the Spectrum app and Roku devices just don't get along.  I wonder if buying a newer Roku would help with this.  Is anyone else having this issue?  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Spectrum TV App buffering

@Gordo13

Thanks for the post.

In general, buffering issues are typically related to poor internet connectivity. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network or changing the channel on your wireless router to see if that helps what you are seeing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gordo13
Reel Rookie

I have tried rebooting and resetting the Roku.  I have also talked to Spectrum themselves and so far we are the first person to report this issue.  I do not believe it is the Roku since I can stream other apps on it without an issue.  The Spectrum App on the Roku is the problem.  There are more devices connected to the Wifi since family is visiting which Spectrum suggested could be an issue.  However, when streaming on the Samsung TV or even streaming Spectrum on a laptop or Ipad there is no buffering issue.  I tend to think that since there are more devices connected to the Wifi the Spectrum App degrades on the Roku for some unknown reason.  

I appreciate your help.  

0 Kudos
abadacas
Channel Surfer

Of course Spectrum says you're the only one with this buffering issue. Just like car dealers claim you're the only one who's had this problem with their car ......

0 Kudos
Frroberts
Reel Rookie

I gave up and switched to YoutubeTV and have ZERO problems. It’s been great. 

0 Kudos
tom31

I'm late to the show here but I have a new Roku 4662X and it's worse than any of the older ones.  I can be watching a youtube stream and get endless buffering, go to the cable box app and it runs perfect. I'm guessing Spectrum does indeed cut the bandwidth or whatever for the Roku.  Does seem odd that it does it randomly and once it does it happens several times.

0 Kudos