Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cdub2

How to fix Roku error code 016 (cannot connect to internet)

This is the 2nd Roku device with the same issue. I had my Roku set up and working fine for about 2 months and then all of a sudden I kept receiving error 016 (cannot connect to internet).

The wireless router seemed fine so I tried to watch Netflix on my computer with the same network my Roku connects to. I was able to watch Netflix and other apps via my computer without issue. So That ruled out an issue with my router.

I restarted my Roku device, and then tried to set up my wireless connection again. But then I received the error “no networks found”. The router hasn’t been moved and other devices are able to connect to wireless without issue. How do I fix this? 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix Roku error code 016 (cannot connect to internet)

When I have lost wifi on my Roku, this has always gotten it back:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Additional Community topics that you might find helpful:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TBuckley
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried these steps, closely following this sequence, and it doesn’t resolve the 016 issue. I’ve done the sequence twice now. 

Any other ideas?

this error is maddening. 

YTTV
Reel Rookie

Ok you can fix this by changing your router channels 2.4ghz =ch1 5ghz =ch 48

0 Kudos