Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku IP Address

Jump to solution

You can create a static ip address for your Roku on your router with the Mac address and it will be saved if you do so. Issuing your Roku a static ip address allows you to issue it on the higher end (192.168.x.250 or 10.0.x.250 depending on you private ip address class you have the router set to) the high the number the better priority you set for you Roku over other devices on you network.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku IP Address

Jump to solution

That's not really a static IP. It is an address reservation, and still requires the Roku to communicate with the DHCP server to retrieve the address. If DHCP is down, there's no new or refreshed IP address assigned to anything on the network. A device that already has an address assignment will retain its settings until the address expiration date/time. If the DHCP server isn't available, then it will lose its address. 

The advantage to an address reservation is that the device is always assigned the same IP address. But that's not the same as entering a static IP in the device itself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Daja-Anna

Re: How to find Roku IP address without remote or WiFi

Jump to solution

I would like to know how do I fin the IP Adress at on a mini 35 inch Roku tv 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

If the Roku TV is connected to the network, you can go into the Settings/Network menu and see the IP address. If it's not connected, it doesn't have an IP address, and there's no way to manually enter a static IP address in a Roku.

If you don't have a remote, there's no way to get to the settings menu. All Roku TVs support IR remotes, so you can find an inexpensive (under $10) universal IR remote at almost any store that sells electronic devices. Just make sure it lists Roku as a supported device.

Dan

0 Kudos
RnbwShroom

Jump to solution

You have to buy a new remote

0 Kudos
RnbwShroom

Jump to solution

Yeah I have been looking. The only way to solve your problem is to buy another remote controlling device from the Roku company.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@RnbwShroom, you only need to get your remote from Roku if you have a stick.  All other devices will work with any number of universal remotes.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Masonsmith

Jump to solution

It is not letting me connect to my TV.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Masonsmith wrote:

It is not letting me connect to my TV.

That's not enough of an explanation of your problem. What won't connect to your TV? Or is the TV not connecting to your network?

Dan

0 Kudos