Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to connect roku to wifi that needs to be signed into threw a web browser and I have no service

Jump to solution

Need help to connect roku to wifi that has a sign in code when I try to hook up to the hotel or dorm I hook up to DIRECT-roku but I have no service and can not insert code thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Does Roku need to be region set?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. The instructions for how to use Hotel and Dorm connect are available in the Roku Support site here: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118-how-do-i-use-hotel-dorm-connect-to-connect-to-the-interne...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to connect roku to wifi that needs to be signed into threw a web browser and I have no servi

Jump to solution

@Alonzo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you help clarify the issue that you are experiencing? Has this device been activated and set up already, or is this the first time that you are activating and setting up your device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How to connect roku to wifi that needs to be signed into threw a web browser and I have no servi

Jump to solution

I have the same problem - I am trying to connect a new Roku Express to a guest wifi network. The Roku sees the network, but does not see that it requires a password. When it tries to connect, it says no internet. How do I get roku to recognize that a password is required for that network ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Does Roku need to be region set?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. The instructions for how to use Hotel and Dorm connect are available in the Roku Support site here: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118-how-do-i-use-hotel-dorm-connect-to-connect-to-the-interne...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos