Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alonzo

How to connect roku to wifi that needs to be signed into threw a web browser and I have no service

Jump to solution

Need help to connect roku to wifi that has a sign in code when I try to hook up to the hotel or dorm I hook up to DIRECT-roku but I have no service and can not insert code thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Does Roku need to be region set?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. The instructions for how to use Hotel and Dorm connect are available in the Roku Support site here: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118-how-do-i-use-hotel-dorm-connect-to-connect-to-the-interne...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to connect roku to wifi that needs to be signed into threw a web browser and I have no servi

Jump to solution

@Alonzo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you help clarify the issue that you are experiencing? Has this device been activated and set up already, or is this the first time that you are activating and setting up your device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
HVuser
Reel Rookie

Re: How to connect roku to wifi that needs to be signed into threw a web browser and I have no servi

Jump to solution

I have the same problem - I am trying to connect a new Roku Express to a guest wifi network. The Roku sees the network, but does not see that it requires a password. When it tries to connect, it says no internet. How do I get roku to recognize that a password is required for that network ?

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. The instructions for how to use Hotel and Dorm connect are available in the Roku Support site here: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118-how-do-i-use-hotel-dorm-connect-to-connect-to-the-interne...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, super frustrated here. I followed the info for connecting to the hotel wifi. Problem is, when the instructions pop up on the tv screen. The roku tv network disappears/is not longer available to connect to in order to follow the on screen instructions. I've tried on both my laptop and cell phone with no use. How am I supposed to complete the instructions if the "wireless" connection disappears/disconnects me. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try this:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Direct-Roku-not-Visible/m-p/624906/...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cmh429
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the Same issue. How do I fix it? 

0 Kudos
GMB706
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did anyone find an answer to this? Because the one given definitely doesn't work if you have NO CONNECTION!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GMB706

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GMB706
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just bought a new Roku that I'm trying to connec to viasat Go wifi. I've already updated the roku, but the go wifi requires you to sign in to use the free version. Using the steps Roku has listed to connect to a "Hotel or dorm" doesn't work because there's no internet service until you sign in. If it won't connect,  it's useless and I'll just return it.

0 Kudos