Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imsadriver24
Level 7

How to connect my roku express to cox wireless?

I recently moved to home with cox internet already installed, but how to I get roku express to communicate with the cox wireless? 

5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: How to connect my roku express to cox wireless?

Go to Settings->Network->Set up connection->Wireless and go from there.

0 Kudos
imsadriver24
Level 7

Ok, this is the problem the room I'm in has a small cox box that has the TV connection, if I try and put that hdmi cord into the roku it doesn't connect the roku? So why can I use my laptop and get wireless internet, but can't get it on the tv with the roku?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

If you plug one end of the HDMI cable into the Express and the other end into your TV you should get a display on your TV (as long as you also connect the USB power connection).  That has nothing to do with the Internet connection.  You still need to connect the Express to your Wi-Fi.  You do that using the settings menu instructions I gave above.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

The HDMI connection on the Roku is an OUTPUT -- the cable you connect here needs to go to an HDMI INPUT on the tv. That's how the Roku signal get to the tv.

Your cable box is just the same -- its HDMI output must be connected to an HDMI input on the tv.

If your tv has more than one HDMI input, connect each device to its own input port, and switch your tv settings to display whichever HDMI you want to view at the time.

If you only have one HDMI input port on the tv, you can connect your two HDMI devices to an HDMI SWITCH and connect the output of the switch to the TV's single HDMI input. With the switch, you can choose which of the two inputs to send to the TV. Here are several such switches from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hdmi+switch

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Kimggstar82
Level 7

B

0 Kudos