Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deyno1903
Level 7

How to Set Up a Static IP on Roku Streaming Stick+

Hi All,

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to set up a static IP on a Roku stick to enable me to stream U.S TV. I am currently in the U.K so my standard WIFI doesn't allow it. 

I tired to set up a Smart DNS on a new TP Link Router (TL-WR940N) that I purchased today as I read that you cannot set up a Smart DNS server or VPN on the stick.

The router will be a secondary router to my Sky Q router. I have an Ethernet cable from Ethernet point 1 on my main router (sky), going into the WAN point on my TP router. 
https://static.tp-link.com/2017/2017...940N_V6_UG.pdf[/url:3jinilwq]) and I am stuck at the first point. [/color]
I am logged into my router and trying to change the DHCP settings. The server is set to enabled by default, which is what I want, but I am unable to input any primary DNS settings or start IP address. They are sort of greyed out and won’t let me edit anything in that section which would enable me to set up a smart DNS. 

My knowledge is very basic and i'm sort of stuck where to turn. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: How to Set Up a Static IP on Roku Streaming Stick+

Forum Rules

Usage of VPNs to circumvent establish regional broadcast rules should not be discussed on this forum.  Be aware that if you post a question regarding the use of a VPN, OR you post a thread discussing bypassing regional restrictions, your thread will be locked immediately.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos