Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find mac address on Roku tv or streaming player

Jump to solution

I also need customer support. I have a Stick thats not USB. Probably express2? I cannot find my mac address to use Roku away from home since this place has only 1 wifi bar. Tech at resort needs mac address to authorize internet connection.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: How to Find MAC Address?

Jump to solution

@Helpthisuser  Thanks for the note. The MAC address of your device can be located in the Settings>System>About menu. Some Roku models may also have the MAC address printed on the bottom of the device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Helpthisuser  Thanks for the note. The MAC address of your device can be located in the Settings>System>About menu. Some Roku models may also have the MAC address printed on the bottom of the device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello Tanner, 

Is there a way to getting to the settings page without setting up the internet?  For me to connect my device, I need to register the MAC address first.  I cant seem to find settings as I only get prompted to set up my internet connection. 

Jump to solution

Can you still find mac address without wifi?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Did you ever figure it out?

0 Kudos
Aboutin8

Jump to solution

I need to find my wired Ethernet MAC address. I can’t find it anywhere on the tv, box, or in system settings. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's in Settings->Network->About

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Anny1

Jump to solution

I can’t connect to our internet until I list the MAC address with my provider.  Therefore I can’t get the number under settings.  How can I find the MAC address without internet?

0 Kudos
retepenn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ran into needing the MAC address of the Ethernet port to get Internet access but not being able to get that without Internet access and going through the initial set up - chicken-egg problem.

The Roku has an old style cheat code to get to the network screen w/o setup - If you cannot get through the initial setup press the home button 5 times, press the ff button 3 times, press the rewind button 2 times.

That should get you to the about network screen which will show the MAC address for the interfaces.

Once you are connected to the Internet, you will need to do the initial setup.

grgrubbs

Jump to solution

Connect to a hot spot or another network.You can then pull Mac address.Disconnect and connect to network desired after Mac inputted.

0 Kudos