Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do i detect the password for an old Roku account when my Roku credentials do not work?

We watch stuff on our tv through Roku. It has the strongest signal, among a number of competing networks, in that room. I have not been able to get any other device on to the Roku network for some five years. No matter until now. I have connected up Curzon home cinema outside the Roku offerings using chromecast and would like to join the chromecast to the Roku wifi because it has the best signal. I reset my Roku password and this site recognises my credentials but the Roku wifi in that tv room does not allow my devices to join using the changed password. How can I find out what the Roku password is for the Roku wifi. Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: How do i detect the password for an old Roku account when my Roku credentials do not work?

I'm not 100% certain I understand the problem, but I think you mean the Roku isn't allowing you to enter the new password into a previously joined network. The fix for that is to go into the Roku settings menu, under System/Advanced system settings, and perform a network connection reset. This removes all stored network credentials (nothing stored within the channels themselves). After that, you should be able to select and enter the password for your WiFi access point. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos