Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katzen
Level 7

How are our devices updated.

In between watching Netflix around noon, and again around 7 pm, all of the titles from "My List" disappeared from the channel as it appears on my tv via the wireless Roku. I checked online directly to the Netflix account and they were gone there as well. Their answer to me, while they are investigating what could have happened, is that my Roku app needs to be updated.

Now as far as I know no app has ever been downloaded because I am using the Roku Express wireless connected to my television. The 'stream' never touches my computer as the internet goes directly to my modem and is then wirelessly sent to the device that is connected to my tv. That is my understanding of how this works. I have 2 wireless devices for 2 different rooms. 

Bottom line Netflix seems to think there is a Roku app somewhere in my system that needs to be updated. I disagree. So here I am looking for advice as I am not sure where else to look or ask for help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: How are our devices updated.

I don't see how the Netflix channel app on your Roku could cause your Netflix "My list" to disappear -- on the Roku maybe, but not on your online Netflix account.  I think the Netflix guy was grasping at straws for an explanation.

When problems are confined to a particular Roku channel, it may be that the channel app installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on your remote and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If nothing else, this should put the rest the question of whether your Netflix app is out of date.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Katzen
Level 7

Re: How are our devices updated.

I will follow your directions and see what happens. But I think you overlooked the fact that the first thing I did, as I said, was to go directly to my Netflix account online and found my list there was also completely gone. In my opinion this is NOT a Roku issue but I am simply complying with finding out how my device is updated. That was all I was asking. But am doing some other work today so will try your suggestion. Thank you.

0 Kudos