Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How To Easily Turn Any Roku On Or Off Without Pulling It Out Of It’s Port All The Time

I have a Roku Express+ that never sleeps or shuts down. I put it to the Home Screen and come back 8 hours later and it is randomly playing something - it can be any one of the channels that I have installed. I have turned the automatically play the next episode feature off. Yesterday, when I went to that Roku, it was on CBS All Access (which I do not have) and had some of the information filled out to be signed up. Luckily, someone needed to push something on the remote to complete that. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm guessing, I'll just need to unplug it and have it restart every time I want to watch? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: How To Easily Turn Any Roku On Or Off Without Pulling It Out Of It’s Port All The Time

Someone sitting on the remote?  Do you have an app on your phone you're using as a remote?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I only have the remote that came with the Roku Express+. I am the only one who uses the Roku so, no, no one is sitting on the remote. This was an upgrade from my first Roku devices and I've never experienced this problem prior to this.

0 Kudos