Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrueTaylor93
Level 7

Hotel/dorm problems

I have a roku express that was purchased about two months ago. I travel for work and connect to the hotels wifi easily everday over and over due to the portal. Today i fell asleep watching netflix and when i woke up i had to reconnect. Idk what happened but now the hotel/dorm message doesnt even come up. I cant connect to the wifi. I tried my hotspot and it connects. I tried my ohone to wifi and it works.

I have already factory reset, network reset, system reboot, relogged in and reset up everything and still nothing. I get a 009 error code or something like that. Tried to call roku but due to covid they dont take phone calls anymore

If this doesnt get fixed i am returning for a refund. I actually have three others at home that ill be returning as well due to not wanting to deal with a issue that cant be resolved for at least two years that i have seen and read in other posts

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18\
Ramirez7788
Level 7

Roku TV connecting to Hotel and Dorm connect

I’m having trouble connecting my Hisense Roku TV to my dorm wifi. I’m currently at my tech school for my military job and for some reason it isn’t letting me establish a connection because when I use the wifi I have to provide a username and a password. Also when I try and connect it via my smart phone, step 4 on the hotel and dorm connect guide, the page where I’m suppose to enter the required information (such as name and room#) won’t load. Someone please help I’m desperate.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hotel and Dorm connect

@Ramirez7788

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have your already activated your Roku TV and are trying to now use the Hotel & Dorm Connect, or is this your first time activating the Roku TV? Please be aware that if this is your first time activating the Roku TV, the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature will only work on an already activated Roku device. Please keep us posted.

For more information about Hotel & Dorm Connect, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ramirez7788
Level 7

Yes I believe I have already activated it, I even got to download some apps using hotspot. But for some odd reason I can’t connect to the wifi. Is there anyway I can provide some photo evidence?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ramirez7788

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass along your information to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cjmarley
Level 7

Dorm/Hotel wifi

I'm a truck driver and connect to truck stop wifi with the hotel/dorm connection. My old TV that I used a roku stick on died so I bought a new tv with roku built in. Now when I try to connect via the hotel/dorm connection my roku doesn't provide a password to make the connection and my phone can't even find the roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Dorm/Hotel wifi

Hi @cjmarley,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it will connect?

Follow these steps to connect to the internet:

After you arrive at your destination and set up your Roku device, initiate and authenticate the connection to the internet using the instructions below.

• Initiate the connection

Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
    2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
    3. Select Network.
    4. Select Set up connection.
    5. Select Wireless.
    6. From the list of available networks, choose the wireless network for the hotel or college dorm. If you do not see the network, select Scan again to see all networks.
    7. After your Roku device connects to the network, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet? | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
cjmarley
Level 7

I know how it works. I know the steps it takes because I did it with the stick everyday. But something is wrong with it on this TV. It provides no password to make the connection. 

20210523_150055.jpg

Screenshot_20210523-150130_Settings.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @cjmarley,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the follow-up.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device unable to connect to Hotel/dorm after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
cjmarley
Level 7

ROKU TV 8310X

YK009M285352

0 Kudos