Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hotel and dorm connection issue

I am having an issue connecting my Roku express to my internet. I am currently using a two tiered internet connection and have been trying to connect to it using the hotel or college dorm option. My problem is that after I select the option on the Roku to connect via hotel or college dorm method the Roku will prompt me to connect to its newly activated ssid (direct-roku...ect) and enter my credentials but the Roku will automatically revert back and rescan before I can connect using my cellphone to do so. It is giving me maybe 10 seconds to connect to the network and enter my creds. This is humanly impossible and quite maddening to attempt. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Hotel and dorm connection issue

I've had the same situation with my Stick when traveling. I would attempt to use an iPad as the connection PC, and it would constantly change the screen back before I could complete the login. When I switched to my laptop, I never had another problem. So give a different device a try. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

hotel and dorm connect

Why does it give 2 seconds to connect to it and write user name and password tried for a half hour to get the info all put in right away but no it dissapears in 4 seconds maxium it says oh you may have few minutes before it disconnects nope 4 seconds if I had a few minutes i wouldn't be making this article how do I get the dorm message to stay up for if in hotel or dorm dissapears in 4 seconds like wtf

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: hotel and dorm connect

I've tried other devices and have the same issue. Short of throwing the remote through my TV ive tried everything. This is clearly an r&d issue on the part of Roku. A simple software update that allows for more time would correct this issue. I had a similar issue with Google chromecast. That's why I got the Roku in the first place. I wonder if anyone else wants my money for useless junk. 

0 Kudos