Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanbarta
Reel Rookie

Re: Hotel and dorm connection issue

Jump to solution

I purchased the GL.iNet GL-AR750S-Ext (Slate) Gigabit Travel AC VPN Router and it has worked great.  I usually plug it into the hotel room’s Ethernet port but I have also used it as a wireless bridge with success.  I have also had success having the hotel’s IT department whitelist the MAC address of my Roku and that also works but it relies on others.  I stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties so it might be different elsewhere.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If the hotel has a wired connection, almost any of the travel routers should work fine. Mine works well with a wired connection, but it's bridging the WiFi where I have the issues. 

Since I'm getting close to retirement, I probably won't worry about trying a different brand. I won't be traveling much after that. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Krcgman

Re: Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

Same issue here while staying at the Wyndham property in Williamsburg. Followed all the directions, made sure Device Connect was enabled. No prompt! Check connection says successful, but nothing works since I can't get to the login page for the wifi. Come on Roku, say something, do something!!

StayFly43

Re: Hotel and Dorm connect error

Jump to solution

ok when I go on my phone to connect to the Roku it ask for password it's a lock on it what do u do

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hotel and Dorm connect error

Jump to solution

What exactly are you trying to do?  When you go through the hotel/dorm connect process there should be a PIN displayed on your TV screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Danny, this isn't helpful to ANYONE on here! Yes I can guarantee you that most if not ALL of us with this issue have activated out Roku devices, I've been using mine too when I travel for work for almost two full years now without an issue until recently my last the hotels I've had this same issue!  Stop feeding us useless scripted pamphlet material and get someone at Roku to actually FIX this issue, or I'm getting the new generation Chromecast with the remote to replace all four Rokus I own! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cincyfan218

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it will connect?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lilywill31

Jump to solution

Hotel and dorm remove

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lilywill31

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Embolmes
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stick not getting Dorm and Hotel internet option

Jump to solution

I had to change my zip code in settings, I was having this same issue and noticed my zip code wasn’t right anymore and after that it stopped asking me this and the network started working again. I hope that helps, it helped me 

0 Kudos