Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myleswinston
Level 7

Hotel and Dorm connect error

When I try to connect with this at my dorm, I can connect to the wifi and input the password, but every time I open the browser it just says no connection and does not prompt me for my room number or name, so I cannot fully connect to the internet.

4 Replies
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Hotel and Dorm connect error

@myleswinston Thanks for the note. College campuses often have additional network security measures in place that block or prevent unauthorized devices from connecting to the network. We'd recommend contacting your campus IT department and inquiring further. They may ask for your Roku device's MAC address, which can be located in Settings>System>About. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Jas223
Level 7

Trying to enter the password 

0 Kudos
StayFly43
Level 7

ok when I go on my phone to connect to the Roku it ask for password it's a lock on it what do u do

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

What exactly are you trying to do?  When you go through the hotel/dorm connect process there should be a PIN displayed on your TV screen.

0 Kudos