Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenziemack
Level 7

Hotel Connectivity

Jump to solution

I am at a hotel for an extended period of time. Every time I connect to the hotel wifi then try to connect my Roku it automatically disconnects the wifi. I've tried on my phone and computer. How can I be connected to both at the same time? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Hotel Connectivity

Jump to solution

Some hotels won't allow more than one connection from the same guest. All depends on the hotel.

I stayed at a hotel for four months several years ago for a work project. What I did was use a Windows PC with a wired and wireless network connection. I connected it to the hotel wireless, then shared that connection using Windows Internet Connection sharing. I connected a router that I had configured as a wireless access point, and used that to connect all my remaining devices. This included a Roku Stick and Ultra, a Roku TV, my phone, iPad and computer (work and personal). The hotel only saw a single connection, and my devices could all see each other on my private wireless network. A bit technical to set up, but worked fabulously for the four months I was there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Hotel Connectivity

Jump to solution

Some hotels won't allow more than one connection from the same guest. All depends on the hotel.

I stayed at a hotel for four months several years ago for a work project. What I did was use a Windows PC with a wired and wireless network connection. I connected it to the hotel wireless, then shared that connection using Windows Internet Connection sharing. I connected a router that I had configured as a wireless access point, and used that to connect all my remaining devices. This included a Roku Stick and Ultra, a Roku TV, my phone, iPad and computer (work and personal). The hotel only saw a single connection, and my devices could all see each other on my private wireless network. A bit technical to set up, but worked fabulously for the four months I was there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos