Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acholt21
Reel Rookie

Re: Hotel Connections

Jump to solution

Thanks for that info. I actually found that option and tried it with no success. I’m at a hotel now and have even connected my Roku to my hotspot and updating. No luck there either. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

My most recent travels have all worked fine, but pre-situation there were times I had issues. It wasn't that it didn't ask me to use the hotel connect function, but that my iPhone would not remain connected to the Roku long enough to complete the hotel authentication. What solved that issue for me was using my Windows laptop instead of my phone or iPad. But my iPad worked just fine on my most recent trip. I have another trip in 3 weeks, so I hope this isn't a widespread issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Acholt21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried the iPad and the PC. No luck with either. I gave up 😂
I will give it a go at a different hotel in a few days

0 Kudos
Ronin22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I travel a lot. First visit to a hotel it works fine. It NEVER works on a second visit to the same hotel. Really getting frustrated with this product. I’ve tried resetting the network settings, connecting to my phone WiFi and then back to the hotel. Doing a software update at home. Once it has connected to a hotel network it will not give me the hotel/dorm login option so I cannot login on the hotel website from my phone. The only way it works is if I call the hotel’s service provider and have them manually link the MAC address to my room. But 15 minutes with tech support to use the Roku each week is a joke. This needs to get fixed. There needs to be a way to either force it to do hotel/dorm or change the MAC address or they need to update how they’re detecting internet connectivity so it’s not falsely claiming to be connected when I haven’t had a chance to login on the hotel webpage yet. 

Yogi61

Jump to solution

RESPONSE FROM ROKU SUPPORT!

Thanks for the reply! Let's try to refresh your network connection. Please follow these steps to run a network reset on your Roku device. On your Roku home screen, please go to Settings > System > Advance system settings > Network connection reset > Proceed. After that, please go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart. Once back in, go to Settings > Network > Wireless > Set up new wireless connection > Choose your wireless network name > Put on the password. This should refresh your Roku device network. Let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
ArtaxFC

It still didn't work in the hotel no matter what I do

Jump to solution

This does not work for me. I have reset my network connections multiple times with and without restarting it and it fails. When setting up a new connection it automatically connects to the hotel wifi but will not actually let you connect. If you are Lucy enough to get the hotel /dorm screen it disappears brie you can connect with your phone /computer and says it has a connection when it does not. 

Cwilson011

Re: It still didn't work in the hotel no matter what I do

Jump to solution

Same problem here tried resetting my network settings and restarting with no improvement.  I’m using my iPhone to connect to the roku.  It’s hit or miss whether or not I get the hotel’s login screen or not and then it time’s out very quick sometimes so quick that I can’t get my name and room number in.  I have to do this daily so it’s a real drag!  I have no problem connecting through my phones hotspot.  Since someone else is experiencing this this sounds like a software issue.  I’m staying at a Hilton family of hotels btw.

atc98092

Jump to solution

I've encountered the same timeout problem when using an iPhone. But I switched to my laptop and it worked fine. If you have one with you,. you might try that. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
EBP
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m not getting the option to select hotel at all. I’m just stuck, connected to the hotel wireless, but unable to authenticate. Super frustrating. 

renojim

Jump to solution

@EBP, has this Roku already been activated before taking it to the hotel?

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos