Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acholt21
Reel Rookie

Re: It still didn't work in the hotel no matter what I do

Jump to solution

I did the MAC address thing. Called hotel IT. Number was in the room. Took about 10 minutes. Connected right away. Thanks for the help!!!!

emtbrat71

Hotel Connection not working

Jump to solution

When I first got to the hotel it asked if I was in a hotel/dorm..Has been working fine the last month. Now it's not working. I have done a reset on the network, restart on the device. multiple times. Go to wireless and connect to network and it automatically connects to the hotel wifi without asking if i am in a hotel/dorm. No internet access. I use to like Roku and now not so much. This is a worthless device if I can't use it.

0 Kudos

Roku won't connect at hotel or lags terribly

Jump to solution

So I followed the "what was best to fix" solution offered up by the useless Roku support and that was to go in and reset the network connection. This was as expected, useless, so, what I did find that works well is that every roku has a screen mirroring set up. We have the little cheap roku express and it worked normally (regularly) for a couple of weeks then it would just lag, connect, disconnect, it just worked aweful so, we turned on the mirroring on the roku set up then opened what we wanted to watch on our samsung A2 tablet and YES!! Now,  we did have to put the tablet close to the Roku but thats the easiest best fix, you don't have to use your Hotspot but whatever you use to connect through your roku use that once it basically turns on and walla. If you don't get the hotel or dorm option we reset the roku (which took an hour to reload) maybe longer, but once we did that just follow the instructions and that option should reappear.  Hope this is something that works for you. 

0 Kudos

Re: Hotel Connection not working

Jump to solution

Check my post.

0 Kudos
printergod

Jump to solution

I just bought my Roku4K+ and I do get the dorm hotel prompt.  My problem is it says to open an browser and enter DIRECT-roku-5GU-25FCBB then enter the password.  DIRECT-roku-5GU-25FCBB just points to a bunch of articles but wont send me to a log in screen

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@printergod You don't enter that into a browser. That's the WiFi connection you find on your phone or laptop to connect to the Roku. Once you connect to the Roku, then you open a browser and you should get the hotel login web page.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
pilotalejo

Jump to solution

ROKU its just simply bad as **bleep** definitely, it doesn't prompt after you go to times in the same chain of hotels I travel a lot for work and I called support email them and all have the same script of reset and blah blah but nobody gives you a real answer. 

DONT waste your money on this just throw this garbage product away and buy a firestick, worst support worst answers, really really just. a bad headache. 

Jump to solution

I struggled with this same issue for an hour last night. I fixed my problem by spending $30 on a Firestick Lite at the local Best Buy. Works great now! 

T4d
Reel Rookie

Re: Hotel Connections, Roku not connecting to Premier Inn wifi

Jump to solution

Help with this issue please???… Roku box connected fine first x2 times in premier inn… failed every time since over last 2 months, have tried to reset my box but it will not load the hotel connection screen to allow me to enter correct password etc…?

0 Kudos
Hambone3182
Reel Rookie

Re: Hotel Connections, Roku not connecting to Premier Inn wifi

Jump to solution

Mine has been doing same, in this same hotel. Started last week. Has been working for a year anyway

Went to a different hotel the next night and worked fine. 

0 Kudos