Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brutus78

Hotel Connections

Jump to solution

I am trying to connect my roku express to a hotel's wifi but it won't connect. It does not ask me if this is a hotel or dorm.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hotel Connections

Jump to solution

@Brutus78 

Thanks for the note.

Has your Roku Express device already been activated?

For more information regarding the Hotel & Dorm connect feature, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
62 REPLIES 62
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Brutus78 

Thanks for the note.

Has your Roku Express device already been activated?

For more information regarding the Hotel & Dorm connect feature, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lightwires

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue - I am connecting a brand new Premier in a hotel room.  It did ask if I was in a hotel or dorm room, I went through the steps to get it set up on my laptop but had to stop.  Now it won't ask me again, it just says unable to update software every time I connect to the hotel wifi.  Rebooting the Roku hasn't helped.

LeeAnn

Jump to solution

Help my roku won't connect to the hotels wifi

jcohn25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here! is there a solution?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcohn25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny i appreciate you email and link but I think the issue we are all having is that the solution you keep linking to DOES NOT WORK.

I intermittently get asked the "hotel or dorm" question but then it times out in 5-10 seconds and goes away so i can never get it setup.

If there is a better solution we can try to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jcohn25,

We appreciate your post.

Could you please send us a private message with your Roku account email address, the description of the issue, and the serial number/device ID by going to Settings>System>About?

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Acholt21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here. It worked two weeks ago and apparently has stopped since the last Roku update. After selecting I’m at a hotel, it won’t even connect to my phone, but jumps into logging onto the network, which never works because the credentials aren’t entered. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I just used Hotel connect a couple of weeks ago, so it's not broken. What might be happening is that your Roku has stored credentials for that particular hotel chain, so it connects without going through the other steps. The way to solve this is to go into the settings and find the Reset Network Settings menu option. This removes all stored network credentials, including your home settings, so you'll need to log into your home system again when you return. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos