Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larosabob
Level 7

Hotel Connect Roku Streaming Stick 3600x

The hotel connect feature is driving me crazy at Hilton hotels.  The connection times out at 41 seconds.  That's not enough time to connect to the Roku, then connect to the hilton website and log on.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Hotel Connect Roku Streaming Stick 3600x

All I can suggest is the way I do it, but it's hardware dependent. I use an iOS device to connect to the Roku. They will automatically open the authentication window, so it bypasses those time consuming steps. It does that with both my iPhone and my iPad. They belong to work, so I don't have to buy those expensive things.  Smiley LOL  I've never tried it with a laptop or other device, so if you have one give it a try.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
larosabob
Level 7

Don't have any Apple devices
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"larosabob" wrote:
Don't have any Apple devices

Yeah, makes it kinda tough.  Smiley Wink
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
AndyCalling
Level 7

There's a Roku app for both Windows and Android so you can easily experiment.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"AndyCalling" wrote:
There's a Roku app for both Windows and Android so you can easily experiment.

I don't believe the app can assist with the Hotel Connect function. The app requires the app and the Roku to be on the same network, and you have to connect directly to the Roku to access the Hotel Connect function. You have to use a browser to access the authentication page. On my iPad, one opens automatically when it connects to a network without Internet access. Don't know if Android does that, and I know Windows doesn't.
Dan
0 Kudos
AndyCalling
Level 7

Well, I never used the app for this myself. Seemed like the other posters needed it though. I used the web site too. It also just pops up for me, using Windows. So, not sure where you got the idea Windows doesn't do this?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"AndyCalling" wrote:
Well, I never used the app for this myself. Seemed like the other posters needed it though. I used the web site too. It also just pops up for me, using Windows. So, not sure where you got the idea Windows doesn't do this?

Never does on my laptop, but since it's a work computer that is severely locked down, it might be blocked.
Dan
0 Kudos
AndyCalling
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
"AndyCalling" wrote:

Never does on my laptop, but since it's a work computer that is severely locked down, it might be blocked.

Yes, very likely. Anything that automatically jumps to an externally determined html page on wireless instruction will likely be very much disabled. You will likely be able to manually dial in to the page via the web browser though, so add it as a favourite.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"AndyCalling" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
"AndyCalling" wrote:

Yes, very likely. Anything that automatically jumps to an externally determined html page on wireless instruction will likely be very much disabled. You will likely be able to manually dial in to the page via the web browser though, so add it as a favourite.

The URL to authenticate at each hotel is different, so saving a shortcut isn't feasible. Nice idea though!
Dan
0 Kudos