Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home or hotel or dorm connect. While i am at home

My roku tv is currently showing me a network connection problem with 2 option home or hotel or dorm connect. I moved to new place with same wifi information. Has anyone seen a similar issue and has answer to this

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home or hotel or dorm connect. While i am at home

Every time I power up or reset my Roku devices I have to go through the network setup and it asks me if I'm at home or dorm/hotel.  I just choose "home" and go on my way.  I think it has something to do with some site/server it's trying to reach and can't, but it's only a minor inconvenience for me since I rarely restart any of my devices so I haven't looked into it any further.

Is it not connecting when you choose "home"?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Alnita19

I am having a similar issue and not getting an internet connection. It thinks I am at a hotel or college form, but I am home. I’ve tried resetting my Roku multiple times but that is not solving the pry. What else should I do?

0 Kudos
goinscd

Same issue. I even went thru choosing the form/hotel option. I takes you thru using your phone to set up a connection but when I go back to the TV, it is still at the same place. In other words, that doesn't work either.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@goinscd

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos