Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Home Screen/Wifi connection

Hello. My Roku tv doesn't seem to have the ususal home screen any more. I only have 'Home&Settings' then 'USB Media Player & Antenna '. No apps just black and white. Also the tv will not PICK up any WIFI networks when scanning. I've tried entering them in manually and both hard and soft resets.. I'm at a total loss. Does anyone have any idea what's happening?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Home Screen/Wifi connection

That sounds like something became corrupted in the overall settings. I'm not certain that anything other than a factory reset will restore it. When you look at the About screen does it still show your account assigned to the TV? 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for responding.  It shows no accounts listed. I've done the reset  with no results. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@FyreFlyAF wrote:

Thanks for responding.  It shows no accounts listed. I've done the reset  with no results. 

That's weird. I didn't think you could set up a Roku device without attaching it to a Roku user account. When you did the hard reset, did you use the menu option for a Factory Reset, or just press and hold the reset button hidden somewhere on the device? If the latter, you have to hold the button for 30+ seconds, and not one second less, or the reset doesn't happen. After the reset, you should have to set it up as if it's new, connecting to your Roku account and setting up the channels. Did that happen after your reset?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos