Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Help

My dog ate my original Roku remote... so now I use one on my phone... my WiFi was recently changed and now I can’t get the remote on my phone to work because the Roku is not on the same WiFi as the removal on my phone.... how do I fix this when I can’t access the Roku WiFi to make them match

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Help

If you can set your Roku to the same net name (SSID) and password as your previous setup, your Roku should connect to it.  If you then connect your phone to that net you should again be able to control your Roku.

Failing that, you'll need to get yourself a new remote that is compatible with your Roku model.  What model is it, and model number if you know it?  At the very least, is it a Roku stick (and what color is it?) or a separate unit that connects to the tv by wire/cable?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos