Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SirKwelj
Level 7

Help with wired connection.

Hello all. First time Roku user here looking for a little help on how to get my device working via wired. I keep seeing videos of people using the setting to change it to wired but I do not have that option. Not sure if its because I'm just now hooking it up and need to go through some procedures first but here's the situation. The device is hooked up correctly. Roku shows up on my screen. I pick a language. Then all I get for options is "Private Network" & "Scan for network" Our TV is so far from the router that we have always had to use wired for our living room TV. So my question is, how do I get to the settings function without having to deal with this wireless search? Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Help with wired connection.

@SirKwelj wrote:

Hello all. First time Roku user here looking for a little help on how to get my device working via wired. I keep seeing videos of people using the setting to change it to wired but I do not have that option. Not sure if its because I'm just now hooking it up and need to go through some procedures first but here's the situation. The device is hooked up correctly. Roku shows up on my screen. I pick a language. Then all I get for options is "Private Network" & "Scan for network" Our TV is so far from the router that we have always had to use wired for our living room TV. So my question is, how do I get to the settings function without having to deal with this wireless search? Thank you!

A wired connection is only available on the Roku Ultra and many Roku TVs. Any other Roku player is wireless only. What model Roku do you have?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos